Do You Worldle?

 Do you play Wordle?

Wordle App

Do you share your score?

I most certainly do share my score. Some of these words are hard to figure out and when I am successful I want to shout it out to the world. Take a word like CYNIC. That doesn't even seem to be an English word and yet with some effort, most of us were able to solve it. The Dopamine rush of seeing a row of GREEN letters keeps bringing me back.

Wordle 246

We get STATS

What fun is this if we didn't have stats. I have a streak going. I can quit at anytime, really... but not quite yet.

Wordle Stats

It is a shared experience

We all get the same word in a 24 hour time frame. We learn how to keep a secret. We learn compassion for those of us who solve it in the final row. We stand in awe of the ones who solve it in two tries.

It is a cult

Yes, it is.

Nobody cares about your Wordle Score

Says people who don't play wordle.

I miss seeing pictures and other stuff on Facebook

Really? Personally I share tons of photos on Facebook as well as my Worldle score. Let's take a look at what Facebook considers "sharing".

Facebook Quiz

Isn't this fun? How many challenge questions can you answer? This is fairly harmless but I've seen ones that ask if you have been arrested. Here is some advice to younger people. When you go for a job interview, they will check your social media profile. When they see your Wordle score they know you are bright. When they find that you have been arrested, they will have different questions.

All things come to an end

I believe they have words till 2025. When the New York Times bought the game, they made some changes. They eliminated words like pussy, agora, slave and wench. They eliminated British spellings such as fibre (fiber). They paid seven figures for the game so I know they want to recoup that. I expect advertising, tracking and eventually moving it behind a paywall. But for now it continues to be a nice part of my morning ritual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooperage Trail - Fremont, NH

Ella has Kittens