Look What I Saw at the Green Center

 

Wreath

I'm Back!

It has been quite a while since I last spent a Saturday morning poking around the Green Center. It still have plenty of quirky items including this impressive Christmas wreath. It was nice chatting with the regulars and enjoying the prospect of the warmer days to come. I saw a few items worth commenting on.

Minolta X-700

Minolta X-7000

The Minolta X-700 is a 35mm SLR introduced in 1981. It was the top model. This one was in good shape. I tried the shutter but nothing happened. I suspect it might have an electromagnetic release which will require a battery. I briefly thought of taking it but I have enough cameras  and no desire to use film ever again.

Mix Tapes

Remember making mix tapes for your car cassette player? I do. I would try to time it so I could get one last song on in the 45 minute side A of the tape. The Green Center has brand new high quality cassette tapes.

TDK Tape


Easter

Elaine has her Easter items up in the Seasonal section. The Green Center is the place to go for your bunny and egg supplies.

Easter Stuff

About the Green Center

The Green Center is open to the residents of New Ipswich and Greenville in the state of New Hampshire. It is place to recycle usable household items, clothing, toys, books  and craft items.  "Shopping" hours are from 9-12  on Saturday (when open). Donation hours are from 1-3 on Saturday (when open).

The Center is open generally every OTHER Saturday but holidays can change that. Printed schedules are available. Also the hours are posted on the billboard outside of the Town Office on Turnpike Road (Route 124). The Center is located behind the Town Office. There are restrictions on what items are accepted as donations. If you visit please bring proof of residency (New Ipswich or Greenville).

In my opinion ALL towns should adopt this model of recycling. It saves money, keeps things out of the waste stream and is fun too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooperage Trail - Fremont, NH

Ella has Kittens