Sunday, May 15, 2016

Look What I Saw at the Green Center


Support this blog by using this Amazon Link


Good Morning,

As I gaze out the window I am happy to announce that I saw my first hummingbird of 2016. I worked at the Green Center on Saturday and witnessed a flow of useful and interesting donations.

A Divorce Kit - A clever box of cards arrived with questions which are bound to cause marital strife

There are no correct answers

One massive dicitionary where one can find words such as ersatz, not for anyone with sesquipedalophobia

Ethel models these fashionable shoes

The Green Center jester

My Little Pony

Traveling in style

Elvis lives

An entire box of Elvis memorabilia

Ethel is the Green Center Elvis expert

Journalism

More Elvis

Graceland

These are slippers, how could anyone resist


The new million dollar currency

Oh Them Golden Slippers

Natalie models the golden shoes

Spider infestation

1927 - The segment I read described how Patty was going to pull an April Fool's joke on her family
Bruce holds up an original Renoir painting, probably the most valuable donation the center ever received. Bruce also correctly  guessed that I wanted to get a photo of his Trump hat which he is allowed to wear until all of us are whisked away to a  FEMA camp


Bal du moulin de la Galette (commonly known as Dance at Le moulin de la Galette) is an 1876 painting by French artistPierre-Auguste Renoir. It is housed at the Musée d'Orsay in Paris and is one of Impressionism's most celebrated masterpieces. The painting depicts a typical Sunday afternoon at Moulin de la Galette in the district of Montmartre in Paris. In the late 19th century, working class Parisians would dress up and spend time there dancing, drinking, and eating galettes into the evening